Fly Baby Fly
So, it's the last day of January and I thought I should check in on my resolution and monthly habit.

For Fly Lady the monthly habit for January was shine your sink. It honestly took me all month to get this habit. I know it's the first on the baby steps and should be habit by now already, but it's a struggle for me. The clincher on this habit was, believe it or not, my cat. My very over weight cat (whom I have on a "diet") has taken to scavenging the kitchen sink for food. I have seen her take out a garbanzo bean that escaped the can when I was rinsing and eat it. I have also seen her grab a piece of broccoli husk and gnaw on it until she realized it was a vegetable and had no protein. My habit used to be to keep dirty dishes in the sink until I felt I had the time to do them, but no more. She doesn't need to be eating anything else, much less people food from the dirty dishes (yuck!) . So there is a new sign above my kitchen instead of "Shine your sink" it says "NO dirty dishes in the sink."

My resolution for January was losing weight. Basically this meant through exercise and laying off all the sweets and pastries I had grown accustomed to eating over the holidays. At first I tried doing a 2 days exercise, one day rest routine. This didn't end up working out once my Winter schedule was in place. I knew that I would always be unable to exercise on Tuesdays, but I'd need to with the 2-1 rotation. So, for about one week I was a little lax about my exercise and eating. But then I was reminded that I have a beach wedding to go to this summer. Now my routine is 5 days a week, 3 days are double workouts with 2 short workouts, and the weekend I do longer workouts. And I never have more than 1 day rest in a row. So far that is working out far better than the other. I manged to lose 2 pounds so far. At that rate I will definitely hit my goal before the wedding.
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails