Fly Baby Fly
So, why haven't I started the baby steps yet? I mean step 1 is pretty easy: shine your sink. The problem is that I don't have a sink.

Sound crazy? Everybody that lives somewhere has a sink. Okay, yes, I have a kitchen sink. The problem is, I don't consider it mine.

Being a "boomerang kid" I live in my mother's house. It's the same house I grew up in, so yes, I have that at home feeling, but on the other hand, it isn't MINE. I have two decorations up on my walls and one framed photograph on a shelf, other than that there are no personal touches of me in my living space. The truth is that since I consider this my mother's house, I'm not truly invested in it.

The good news, she and her husband leave 4-6 months out of the year. Normally they would have been gone in June, but a family vacation in July made it more convenient to stay. They were planning on going straight from vacation and changed their minds. They were supposed to leave today, but my cousin came into town for a visit. Now, apparently it is "sometime" this week.

I put the baby steps on a calendar with the planned starting date being today... I hate to create one more excuse for why I can't do it....
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails