Fly Baby Fly
Day 6: Hot Spots!

Here we finally get started with the decluttering work. Up until now, it was morning routine and keeping one thing (the sink) clean and shiny. Part of this is reading Big Tent and recognizing negative voices and changing them to the positive.

But today we actually start decluttering!

Now I want you to set your timer for 2 minutes and lets practice putting out your Hot Spot. You don’t have to work till you have finished; just do what you can in 2 minutes. Put your bills in one place. This will keep you from having to search for them.


I have quite a few hot spots actually. The kitchen island is where I pile papers and mail. As is the kitchen table, the computer counter, my dresser, and multiple spots in my "office." I set my timer for 5 minutes (2 just seems like not enough) and cleared off the kitchen table. It seemed small enough. Small enough that I actually finished it in those 5 minutes. YAY!

Then I went about doing other things and a few hours later decided that I could do another 5 minutes on the kitchen island. Again, it's not done, and I'm okay with it this, it's smaller. And I'll get another 5 minutes tomorrow :)

Kitchen Island Hot Spot about a week ago - imagine it about 5x as big at least!!
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails