Fly Baby Fly
Day 8 of the Beginner Baby Steps (Get a 3 Ring Binder and Put some paper in it) is the beginning of a Fly Lady Control Journal. This is basically a list of routines (and other things - contacts, menu plans, basic weekly plans) to help keep you and your home in order.

Since the last week was about building routines - hot spot decluttering, shining the sink, picking out clothes - there is already something to put into the control journal.

Since this is probably the 3rd time I've tried the baby steps I have a binder, but I did pull out the old routines and started fresh.

Now, the idea of checking a 3 ring binder every morning to keep me doing routines sounds a little, well, controlling. And to be honest, I think this is where I have often failed at my baby steps.

I have read many good reviews about the iPhone App "Home Routines" that is basically an electronic control journal. It was not created by Fly Lady, but was created to work with her system.

I don't have an iPhone due to my complete and utter abhorrence of AT&T. I did for a few seconds have an iPhone, however, after being billed twice by AT&T because they attempted to port the wrong telephone number, being given the worst customer service in cell phone history, and being told (and I quote) "we don't make deals with iPhone Customers" because I wanted some customer service after being inconvenienced I sucked up the ETF, sold my iPhone, and now have an HTC Hero (also a touch screen smart phone) for $30 less a month than what crappy AT&T is charging.

Long story short, "Home Routines" doesn't have an Android version of their app. And from what I can tell they have no plans on releasing one anytime soon.

So... I have been looking for a workaround and found two possibilities: Astrid and GTDagenda. Both are free apps through the Android Marketplace("home routines" costs $4.99). The reviews for Astrid seemed a little better, though both apps look like they are equally complicated. I only just downloaded Astrid and haven't found all the ins and outs, but will post more when I do.
0 Responses
Related Posts with Thumbnails